Wednesday 16 June 2021

Five Parsecs from Home: Creating the Crew

 


I have my copy of Five Parsecs from Home, going to be using this a lot today, a rough pad of paper for recording scores and details before they get transfered to the proper sheets. Although I wont be using the provided ones in the book, bit too small and light for me to see at my age. Will be using something of my own for that. Finally I will be using, possibly surprisingly, Xanathars Guide to Everything a D&D 5e resource book, its great for names. 


I am starting from models I have (and are painted) to create my crew so they will not all be human and I will not be rolling on the species tables I just picked them.


I am not going to go through the process point by point, get the rules yourself and you will see how straight forward it is.


I like to jot down all the crew creation bits on a notepad and gather all the info together before I write them up on appropriate sheets. Then I can switch items about and spend some time getting into the characters before definitely putting them into the crew. Having said that I love random generation of characters so have never declined to paly with any I have rolled.


My new crew will be as you see here , they were a pleasure to roll out and discover being very simple to do. Most of the process was exactly the same as it was before with only a few alterations, but very well set out and very well organised. Brilliant design- nice one Ivan.


Nofret Ndidi the Leader (Human)


Arturo Chimola (Human)


Maiathah Firahel (Precursor)


Therai Death (Feral)


Thar (Hukler)


I also sort out the ship they will use and am in the process of building a model, which isn't necessary but should be fun.
The ship is a worn freighter on which the crew owe 22 credits and is called Dagnal-116M

The whole process took just over an hour and was fun throughout.
Next I will be sharing the crew sheets I use and explaining where their adventures will take place. 

2 comments: