Friday 26 August 2016

Tabletop Gaming Magazine



Its not often I set pen to paper to give a magazine a bit of positive feedback or praise but I have got to  mention Tabletop Gaming as a breath of fresh air. It has been a very long time since I last saw a gaming magazine which I fancied buying. For many years I bought White Dwarf, but in the last 2 years I really couldn't be bothered and in fact found myself reading copies of WD from the 80's and 90's more often than not.

So I bought Tabletop Gaming for 3 reasons. I had never seen it before, it looked fun and it had a Frostgrave article in it. Also it was nice to find a magazine that I found interesting, its a standing joke between me and Mrs Daxio that there are no magazines made for me.

Well what a lovely surprise Tabletop Gaming was. Not only was the Frostgrave interview and article interesting it had loads of other items that I started to read and still have not put down. I have found myself reading about games I had never heard of and thinking whether I might buy. This was how magazines used to be, reviewing games from various companies and not just one huge plug for a certain company. 

So, thank you very much Tabletop Gaming for restoring my belief in magazines. I will be purchasing your sterling magazine again next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment