Friday 26 October 2018

D&D 5e: Return of the Lazy DM

Image result for the lazy DM

As I have been suffering from Man Flu for last three days about the only thing I have been able to do is read. I have never bought any reading matter related to D&D other than rulebooks so when I noticed this book being suggested reading I decided to get a copy downloaded.

I would like to point out at this moment that I do not work for or have any connection with Sly Flourish in any form, just incase you were wondering.

I have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the whole concept of the Lazy DM, the book is a smashing read and very easy to get into, especially when sneezing and coughing are the only other viable activities open to one.

Areas covered are: review character, create a strong start, outline potential scenes, define secrets and clues, develop fantastic locations, outline important NPCs, choose relevant monsters, select magic item rewards.

It breaks down how to create both adventures and longer campaigns without spending most of your spare time, whats that? labouring over pages and pages of notes. Practical ideas for carefully explored stages of creating adventures clearly set out make the book very useful indeed. So much so that when it is produced as a physical book I will be buying that too.

If you have the original Lazy DM, then the inclusion of secrets and clues, which prompted the rewrite, is well worth buying this new version for.

I can't recommend Return of the Lazy Dungeon Master enough and I will be using it from now on to inform my planning of games, cheers Sly Flourish.

If you click on the picture above it will link you to Sly Flourish's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment