Saturday 23 March 2019

Ice/Rock Crystal Formations


About a month ago I showed a few of these ice crystals that I had made from cork. No not the best thing to make very clean cut crystal formations from, but I had a shed load of wine corks and they needed using, so I had a go anyway.



I finally got them all painted up and I don't think they came out too bad to be honest, perhaps not ice crystals but they might pass for crystaline rock formations. With a vaguely cold feel to them.






They cost me absolutely nothing but some time to make and I will definitely use them in my games, from Frostgrave to D&D to Five Parsecs.



I also became aware that I often make small pieces of terrain like these in groups of eight. Heavens knows why but it seems I do. There will be further evidence of this in the next week or so.


3 comments:

  1. As rock formations these are really good, I like the variety you put in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Wouter, I have to say they have non of the qualities associated with crystals apart from their rough shape: so rock formations they are from now on :-)

      Delete
  2. These are fantastic! I love the way you do your paint jobs (especially the stone floorwork). I'd love it if you did a quick tutorial one time...

    ReplyDelete