Saturday, 4 October 2014

INQ/Quest Walls

I started production on the wall and door sections for my version of INQ/Quest in the last few days. I had already cut loads of 30mm squares which had intended making the base boards with, but since I no longer need those they have been used for the wall sections.

I have also found a few bits I had made many years ago for Epic, to be used as objective markers. Now, I have no friends who still own Epic models let alone play, so the objectives are going to be used on the INQ/Quest wall sections.

I have made my walls 40mm high and 6 inches long- for standard sections. Also some 3 inches long, to help create corners, T-junctions etc. I have yet to cut the hard board bases to mount them on, will do those next week. I'm going to try to make the sections to a standard template, but with slightly different features to keep them interesting.

I also want to experiment with the terrain I made for Deadzone earlier and see if I can get these new sections to work alongside them. It may produce some interesting effects, not sure yet.

I also intend painting up both the figures to Deadzone and the furniture, barrels and crates etc, that come with the game.

The general idea is to come up with a practice game sometime in the next 2 months, then start to see which rules work and which need altering/chucking.









Not very exciting pictures I'm afraid, but thought I would post how far I'd got at the moment. Will need to make a load more and get them completely modeled and then painted.