Friday 4 May 2018

Five Parsecs: 10mm Sculpting Update


This week I finally got myself together enough to start making a simple 2 part mold of one of my 10mm models. 


What follows is a photodump of all the steps that I went through to make the mold. Sure non of it will be surprising.



I used the tea light holder to give the mold shape and that really helped. Also made three depressions to help locate the halves.


I removed the first half of the mold, then filled the tea light holder and heated again in boiling water.



When nice and hot I simply pressed the second half onto the first onto a table.




Removed the tea light surround to expose the whole mold.




REmoved the original model, intact.




Checked it all fitted together well.



Made a very small bit of GS.



Added to the mold and pressed together. It pulled apart and I cleaned it up, pressed again and then revealed the miniature.


I left this on the side for 2 hours and then removed it easily.


No comments:

Post a Comment