This week I finally got myself together enough to start making a simple 2 part mold of one of my 10mm models.
What follows is a photodump of all the steps that I went through to make the mold. Sure non of it will be surprising.
I used the tea light holder to give the mold shape and that really helped. Also made three depressions to help locate the halves.
I removed the first half of the mold, then filled the tea light holder and heated again in boiling water.
When nice and hot I simply pressed the second half onto the first onto a table.
Removed the tea light surround to expose the whole mold.
REmoved the original model, intact.
Checked it all fitted together well.
Made a very small bit of GS.
Added to the mold and pressed together. It pulled apart and I cleaned it up, pressed again and then revealed the miniature.
I left this on the side for 2 hours and then removed it easily.