So I made the wire frames, mainly by eye.
Then I did the torso, just to hold the wire together and glued them to some floor tiles I had knocking about. Then I added the feet.
Then I added trousers.
Made the guns from card, modeled the head, not so good, and then added the arms.
Still have shoulders and back pack to add. The intention is to make five Cadian type figures and five Marines, I also experimented with an Eldar model, but only have the legs so far. They look a bit chunky at the moment but I must admit I'm surprised how well they came out.
What I really need to make are some alien types.