Thursday 7 May 2015

Skaven: Rat Ogres

Here are the three Rat Ogres all modeled just waiting to be painted. I tend to find when I'm making the same model over and again that far from getting easier or developing in quality, that I actually get worse at the whole process. Not sure if this is just me or whether other people suffer same problem. I think I get bored and can't be bothered to give the later models the same level of concentration as the first, when I was still solving problems...










Only one close up am afraid, camera battery packed in, will take some more when painted and have full battery.


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Gordon, they look OK considering they were based on my sons old midget wrestlers from 15 years ago. I don't half horde some rubbish, but then just as well I do I suppose.
      They are a bit chunky but the main thing is they will play OK in Quest.
      Should be painted by end of weekend :-)

      Delete
  2. The one with blue is missing a claw on his left hand.
    Other than that they look pretty decent. I do question whether the cost of GS might outweigh the cost of some cheap IoB rat ogres ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep I missed that one Tristan, will have to see what I can do, very observant. Its always a bit of a toss up between buying from Ebay or making. But I recon I come out on top in this case, the wrestlers cost nothing, stolen from son, and I got 36" of GS from Ebay for £8.50 ish, and have really only used 6" at most. Where as Ebay Rat ogres go for between £9.00 to £15 for two.
    Also gives me practise modelling :-) which I need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that is a good price on GS

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was from trolltrader on ebay , 36" for £8.90 which includes P&P, to you out there it may well be more.

    ReplyDelete