Sunday 2 September 2018

Terrain: Cavern Tiles/Mars Terrain

These are the finished set of tiles I began the other week specifically for a game of D&D, the one I posted a few days ago. On the night I only used 3 tiles so here are the full set.


I have to say I neither like them or can see any use for them presently.















Some nice textures but at the moment can't see how I would use them. What would you do with them? Kind suggestions only please :-)


I started to play and add bits and pieces, cups and jugs to be exact, but as soon as I added height they began to come to life. Can I feel myself beginning to like them?




They definitely have a magical floating island feel, add some more terrain and I can see myself using these occasionally!













Now with a few miniatures to give a sense of scale and size.



Add a few levels and it would work OK.



Maybe these have more uses than originally thought however I still don't love them.

1 comment:

  1. Do you play miniature skirmish games? Obviously late reply, but put them on a battleboard with fine sand painted the same color, so you now have a hill terrain setup, with terrain blocking LOS and elevation. You're then going to want to put ruins or something else on top of this terrain to make it more interesting. If you can find a way to connect these pieces, you can have a 2D cavern setup. You'd then put various terrain bits (and monsters!) inside these cavern "rooms".

    ReplyDelete