Tuesday 15 July 2014

Buildings Update

For those that thought that the village had ceased production while I was making wraiths and caverns, here is an update. The big news really is that all the roofs have been completed, the area I find very boring. The windows are all done and the end is at hand generally.

I will even go out on a limb and say that I will have these finished by the end of the week.







As you can see they are all at different stages, but as far as the exterior is concerned they are nearly all close to completion.





All the windows are made, I say all, but there is a good chance I may make a few more or some double windows as features.




This is how I usually make roof sections, loads of individual tiles, while they look good they take an age to make.


This is the alternative method I used for the last 2 buildings and it was a lot quicker to be honest. I would say it was a different look, but not necessarily awful. I cut strips the length of the roof+, then cut slots across the piece, finally I nipped the corners off. It does take a while to do, but they are so much easier and quicker to glue on that it was worth it.








No comments:

Post a Comment