Monday 15 October 2018

Saga: Vikings V Anglo Danes


A week back Mick and myself got together and played another round in our ongoing series of battles between the Vikings and Mick's Anglo Danes. It was a six point game and we played at the WWarriors GC, using my Frostgrave 3' by 4' mat and some terrain I had recently donated to the club.


Will not be going into lots of detail explaining which saga abilities were used or which tactics. But will mention a few moments and let the pictures tell the story.



I used the Vikings to push forward so that the ADanes had fewer options basically.



I know Mick likes to sit back so I came forward to him.



I was very lucky with my save throws against the ADane shooting.



Picked up some fatigue along the way, but managed it OK.





I tried to split the ADanes in two, deal with one flank then attack the other, hopefully weakening their stronger flank.



By this point, partly through aggression and partly by luck I had managed to dampen the right flank.



The ADane Hearthguard charged into my Bondi.



Bit of a set back here as the ADane Hearthguard did 4 wounds, and subsequently the Viking Berserkers charged and destroyed both themselves and the ADanes. 


What a senseless waste of life (Been watching Monty Python)




In the final moments the ADanes realised they didn't have enough solid units left to mount an attack and the game was declared for the Vikings. However the ADanes had started to use some of their saga abilities to add and use fatigue to their advantage and in the next game it really comes to the fore. Will post soon.


Victory to the Vikings.



No comments:

Post a Comment