Wednesday 26 August 2020

D&D: Cottage/shop fronts update

 


Nearly a month ago now I started a project to build Cottage and shop fronts to create city streets easily and quickly. Here is the first complete cottage front prior to painting.


I've added wooden shingles to the roof, made from tapers for lighting candles.


All the wooden beams have been covered in Das and PVA and then sculpted to look like timbers. A bit over sculpted, yes Wayne, so they are a bit cartoony.


More shingles were added to the underside of the roof, to cover the card base.


I sculpted cobbles onto the base out of sand and PVA glue. PVAcrete as I call it.


So now the first one is ready to be painted. In the next few weeks I will be working on the other 10 fronts I have been adding too every few days.

2 comments:

  1. No need to get all snarky. I love your cartoon look and you know that. And the use of spearmint chewing gum is inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gum is good, its the preparatory chewing that gets me down :-)

      Delete