Thursday 2 August 2018

D&D 5e: Cottage Floor plans


Generally I like to make my terrain and buildings as 3D as it's possible to get most of the time, however I have a situation where that mindset is really not going to help me.

In my current D&D campaign that I am DM ing the group are about to start adventuring in a large town for the first time. While I have plans and maps of the town itself, I wanted the PCs to be able to negotiate at least an estate of the town at a time on the play area. They like using models and so do I. 
So I came up with what I hope will be a quick solution that I can use time and time again.


This is the first of many different houses that I will be able to lay out and expect the PCs to never enter most of the time. I have designed 5 different types of cottage and a few other buildings like tenements and larger more well to do homes.


When they are inked and painted I will scan them so I can produce them when ever I need them. Finally I'll laminate them to keep them tidy.




With some models to give a sense of scale.








Before I get people telling me the stairs don't work, I know its a graphic solution to a fiddly problem that keeps it simple and hopefully continues to fool my artistic eye for the foreseeable future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment