Sunday 19 August 2018

Kill Team : Astra Militarum: Rogue's Troopers


Not a very imaginative name for my Kill Team, Astra Militarum but there you go, it fits as I'm trying to make them look a bit like the Genetic Infantryman from the pages of 2000AD, one of my favourite comics ever.




Above the my Infantry Squad Guardsmen, with:
 Sergeant with a Plasma pistol and power sword (Leader)
Gunner with Plasma gun 
Guard with Vox caster (Medic)
7 Guards with lasguns


I have glued 2 pence pieces to the base of each model to give them some weight.



Above the Special Weapons Squad with:
Gunner with Grenade Launcher (Sniper)
Gunner with Flamer
Gunner with Plasma gun (Veteran)
4 Guards lasguns



You will remember I started these a while back, but lost the impetus to complete them, but now we have Kill Team :-)


When all the sheets are complete and names sorted I will post some of them.



For those of you that do not know. Rogue Trooper is a Sci-fi strip in the GB comic 2000 AD created by Gerry Finlay-Day and Dave Gibbons in 1981. It follows the adventures of Rogue a Genetic Infantryman, genetically created, blue skinned, super soldier and his 3 comrades' search for the Traitor General. Rogue is genetically engineered to be immune to all known toxins, can submerge in strong acid unaffected and is able to withstand a vacuum in his bare skin.
From Wikipedia

Mostly, as I remember, he fought alone apart from Helm, Gunnar and Bagman, who are biochip implants in the appropriate equipment, all killed by the Traitor, hence the vendetta. So my force is going to be a little larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment