Saturday 4 July 2015

Age of Sigmar

I will be spending much time digesting this today. Looking at the Scrolls for all my existing armies and just generally thinking about whether I will buy it. I'm a bit shell shocked at the moment.

At first sight its a much much simpler system which has thrown out nearly all the old rules.
It has a distinctly 40K feel to the new miniatures.

Not sure what I think at the moment, but I was not expecting such a massive change in play.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar Starter Set

So I have had some time to digest the basic rules you can pick up for free from the website. My very first thought was that it was Kings of War with a few more unit specific skills, no point system and skirmishing games like 40K.
Not totally keen at the moment, I would rather play Kings of War. At least they are supporting all the original army books and they are prepared to give rules and lists/scrolls away for free. Nice, possibly a bit late though.
I would like to see a game played before I finally make up my mind, think I may be suffering from over stimulated wargame rules-itis. I may add more later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment