Have been working on this crate or box recently, mainly just to see if I can make one with enough detail that I would then be happy to cast and make multiples of.
Its all made from wood, lolly sticks and matchsticks and tapers.
After I made the bottom and the top as in the above picture, I started to glue all the bits together, the next one I make I will record all the different stages with measurements.
I used PVA wood glue throughout.
Before I can think of casting I have some GS work to do, filling all the gaps like where the tapers meet on the outer edge. At the moment I'm thinking about removing the matchsticks from round the edge as they may be too thick, will replace them with tapers.